AMS offers you flexible & quality services for your compressed air system
We provide 24/7 support. Trusted, Efficient, Quality Air compressor services.
Our services are thorough & ensure maximum uptime of your system. We service & repair Atlas Copco, Boge, Mattei, Ingersoll Rand, CompAir, Kaeser, HPC, Hydrovane, ABAC and many more.
We offer a range of air compressor services including:
Boroughs of London we cover
Boroughs of Kent we cover
Pipework & Installation
Get professional fittings with our pipework & installation services
A proper installed system is crucial to a reliable air supply. Let our expert installers ensure that your compressor system is installed correctly for reliability, efficiency & cost effective.
We have teamed with AirNet, a high-quality aluminum compressed air piping system to provide low pressure drop, easy modification and aesthetically pleasing to the eye. If required we are also capable of installing galvanized steel, copper, Mapress & other piping solutions.
Read more about our air compression installation here.
Compressor Hire & Sales
Hire our tested and tried compressor equipment
Partnered with Mattei Compressors & MARK Compressors, we sell
reliable & efficient compressors ensuring the perfect fit for your facility.
We can also provide complete compressed air solutions (Air
compressor, receiver & all associated air treatments).
AMS Hire Services provides a wide range of air compressed air hire tailored according to your specific compressed air demands.
Time is of the essence when your compressor is down, we can offer either long-term hire or short-term hire to reduce your facilities operational downtime & lost of productivity. We provide quick set up, cost & energy efficient solutions.
We are well equipped to respond to requests for emergency breakdowns. We understand the importance of compressed air for production, & we offer 24/7 emergency compressor repairs.
Any type or make of compressor we can help. Downtown is extremely costly, and we work to keep your systems running.
Air Compressor Services
We service all types of compressors (Screw, Reciprocating, Vane & Scroll) and all brands.
Our in-depth & thorough air compressor services will surpass all expectations. We keep your compressor system at an optimum level, keep warranties in effect and your equipment in a reliably state.
Neglecting routine servicing increases your risk of costly breakdowns and shortens the life expectancy of your compressed air system.
Air Audits & Consultation
We are quick to determine your plants air demands & operational needs. The largest cost in the lifetime of an air compressor system is the energy cost. Ensuring that your air compressor is running efficiently can significantly impact the total cost of using air in your facility.
Our audits will highlight all areas and show areas where energy savings can be made.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Choose AMS for your air compressor service?
- Quality of service: If peace of mind is your priority, then AMS is your best choice. We are an independent, family business that focuses on improving compressed air systems’ performance. We have a team of reliable, certified, and fully trained compressor engineers with a wealth of experience and knowledge, and have provided our air compressor services for over a decade. We are fully equipped to handle all types and designs of air compressors, so you can feel confident in trusting us with all your air compressor issues. Our team is fully-trained in ECITB and Safety, with Risk Assessments and Method Statements provided. With AMS, customer satisfaction is guaranteed. This is because we provide reliable services that ensure that we can be trusted, and offer efficiency and quality.
- Experience in all makes and types of compressors: Because we have experience in all forms of compressors, we have specialised plans to reduce maintenance and energy costs for whatever type of compressed air system you have. Whether in terms of installation, sales, or service, AMS will assist you with very high standards.
- Competitive pricing within the industry: No matter how big or small your air compressor system is, rest assured that our air compressor services will beat all your expectations in terms of both the quality of service and pricing. When it comes to costs, we offer very competitive pricing within the industry – ideal for all budgets. Plus, we aim at fostering a good relationship with all our clients, based on trust and commitment.
What Types of Machinery Use Compressed Air?
Using compressed air in industrial applications is now thought to be the fourth utility (next to gas, water, and electricity), as its use is now widespread. A machine that produces compressed air is powered electrically and has air stored in a pressure much higher than that of the surrounding atmosphere. The compressed air is usually released when needed to power different kinds of machinery and tools.
Construction power tools like presses and pneumatic drills use compressed air. Also, the brakes in larger vehicles and railway rolling stock make use of it too. Types of machinery that use compressed air include:
- High-pressure air jets used for cleaning heavy equipment
- Lifting equipment
- Presses for forming materials
- All kinds of tools for moving volume and weight, and for drilling
Compressed air is used in almost all industries. The applications are very widespread, including construction, transport and shipping, food processing, and manufacturing. But that is not all; the medical world also uses compressed air systems. For example, many dental equipment types require compressed air systems to power and run them. In addition to that, domestic and everyday uses of compressed can also be found in the following:
- Sprinkler systems
- Pressure jet washing equipment
- Underwater breathing equipment and apparatus
- Construction work, with the operation of tools and plants like lifting vehicles and diggers
- Heavy doors and brakes on public transport vehicles and systems like buses, railways, and heavy-duty road vehicles.
Do We Offer Compressed Air Servicing?
Yes we do. Like any other equipment used every day, you need to ensure that your air compressed system is maintained to the highest standards to prevent problems from arising. Air compressors do not need a lot of daily maintenance however, regular servicing is required. It is still essential to have daily routine checks and observations together with inspection and air compressor servicing undertaken at regular intervals to prevent the following problems.
Loss of pressure is one of the most common issues associated with air compressors. This affects how efficiently the equipment powered will work, and can completely stall your operation if not monitored correctly.
Loss of pressure can result from blocked or degraded filters or even a mechanical failure.
Inadequate condensation management is also a common cause of damage and failure of an air compressor. Air compressor systems depend on oil lubrication and eject any contaminated oil through its filters, dryers, and drains. As a result, generating vapor and spray is a natural and inevitable result of creating compressed air, and is unavoidable. Other contaminating particles created may end up damaging the systems and causing interruptions to work and production.
Specific legislations govern both the removal and disposal of condensate. And this means each process happens in a way that meets every legislation, including local requirements. The ultimate goal is to ensure the removal of condensate and oil products from the air pressure system, with the resulting waste being disposed of in an eco-friendly manner and this is done through regular air compressor services.